COVID-19 Important Customer Updates
As Ireland responds to the rapidly changing challenges of the Coronavirus, we at McGorisks want to ensure that everyone is looking after their health and wellbeing at this very difficult time.
Our store opening times may change – Click here for opening times
What Is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. The risk to individuals in Ireland is currently low, but it’s important to know what to do to help stop the spread of infection.
Symptons Of Coronavirus?
It can take up to 14 days for symptoms of coronavirus to appear.
Look out for one, some or all of the main symptoms:
- a cough - this can be any kind of cough, not just dry
- shortness of breath
- breathing difficulties
- fever (high temperature - 38 degrees Celsius or above) or chills
Other symptoms are fatigue, headaches, sore throat, aches and pains.
If you develop symptoms you will need to self-isolate and phone your GP. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. The GP will assess you over the phone. If they think you need to be tested for coronavirus, they will arrange a test.
Steps you can take to look after your health and wellbeing
- Keep your immune system in check which will ensure you are in great health to prevent or fight infection.
- Try to manage the amount of social media or news feeds you read that may be causing you more stress.
- For the latest government information on coronavirus: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html
- Pick a day or certain time to get up to dates rather than a constant influx of data.
- Take your mind off things by doing something that promotes well being.
- Get out for fresh air daily adhering to the social distancing guidelines.
- Spent quality time with your family.
- Make sure you follow a healthy diet and try to not smoke or over indulge in alcohol.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Sleep is vital to keep our immune system working well.
- Practice good hand hygiene and good household hygiene.
- If your working from home don't stay in the same position for long periods of time.
- Take regular breaks.
- Get fresh air.